Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Č1 ČELENDŽ

Well! It's been an eternity since I've posted here!

Some really major things related to my acquisition of Czech have transpired in the meantime, namely:

- I have finally found a treatment that is working for my debilitating anxiety!
- I started graduate school at ISU as an MA student in TESL/ALT.
- I LOVE GRAD SCHOOL!
- I started collecting a corpus of my learner language
- I started skyping with Czechs again, not really daily, but about 2-3x/week since about the beginning of February.
- I started collaborating with this awesome male version of me named Gavin. He's fantastic! It's a huuuuuuge deal to be able to share my Czech learning with another learner!
- We had our first Skype session today with my best friend Tom. It was really successful, in my opinion. The video we created is awful (laggy, frozen image...) and I can't figure out why. Maybe my connection was bad. We may have to move platforms. I'll try testing this more tomorrow.
- oh yeah, and there's this horribly scary GLOBAL PANDEMIC forcing everybody to stay home right now! I've never been this busy in my entire life, conjuring up things for my children to do that are at least marginally useful. They are really obsessed with block coding. I don't know if that's actually going to be effective at teaching them real code, but... Well...

Renewed competitive energy is really exciting and happy for me. I'm in a good place mentally and emotionally when it comes to Czech learning. I'm gonna do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment