Friday, September 6, 2019

A3.5.1 thoughts

hahahaha! I am really such a poor planner :-)

My master plan for Czech A3.5? Well, it turns out that I need exactly twice as much time to get it done as I had originally planned. Isn't that...funny!?

It's going really well. I love this textbook, Česky, prosím II. There are a lot of really great things about it.

Two biggest criticisms: It claims to be the equivalent of Czech 102. It's more like Czech 301 (for a native English speaker). For it to be a good book, you'd need about ~3 months each for:

Czech 101
Czech 102
Czech 201
Czech 202
Czech 301 <-- it's about here in terms of difficulty and time/experience you'd need in order for this book to be effective.

The author struggles to make relevant assessments. But hey, language assessments are one of the more difficult components of language learning. It's also an enormous part of the master's program I'll be starting in January, fingers crossed. I really want to study computer assisted language learning and corpus linguistics.

This guy says to cut your goals in half - or if that's not possible, to double the time.

So yeah. I'm doubling the time. It will take me about 2 weeks to get through each chapter. Except I really would like to finish this before I start my master's program, so I am going to secretly (eh... not so secretly) try to hurry it along.

Sprinting! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment