Friday, August 23, 2019

Vítám vás, češtino A3.5!

Today has been a wonderful day so far.

My kids went back to school! I suddenly have some time to myself! Alone! Without interruptions!

Hallelujah!

Guess what. Surprise, surprise, I did not accomplish my goal of finishing Czech A4 this summer. Almost immediately after I wrote the last post, I received a much more involved church calling, which basically meant there was no more time for Czech this summer.

But it's not summer anymore, and the first thing I did, after relaxing for a while and basically doing nothing, was...

...to work a little bit on edits for a book I am writing...

...but the next thing on my list was to create a plan for Czech A3.5.

I'm just really stubborn and I don't want to give up the idea of the plan that I created for A4, but I really want to do some things differently so, why not just call it something else, leave A4 alone for now (I can always go back to it later), and do something else?

Okay so here's the plan:

I have this ridiculous učebnice a pracovní sešit called "Česky, prosím II." It is as good as any other thing. I plan to work my way through the books for the next 10 weeks. If I stay on track, I will finish around the time of my birthday, which seems like a good point at which to decide to continue or do something different. There are 10 lekce in this curriculum, it includes some audio, and it is pretty straightforward (if a bit dull). I worked my way through several exercises just now. It's not too hard, but I did still make a few errors. 

Each week I will continue to gather my nová slova. 

I also really want to watch the cheesy TV show Arabela. I watched the first episode today. It was great! It made me laugh. Jotted down some new words. There are 13 episodes, so that means about 1-2 per week. Or more, if I want.

I also want to do some reading, since I read some academic articles recently about L2 acquisition and input. I didn't plan out the reading - it will be "free."

And of course, of course, the most important component on many levels (motivation-wise, learning-wise, interestingness-wise), is videochatting with willing collaborators. I will continue to do that, as well. 

It's basically like a less intensely planned version of A4, with smaller goals. They are about halved, so that seems about perfect. I am confident I will be able to do this.

Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment